Sunday, January 29, 2017
Microwave Ready Cheesy Potato Skins
4 baking potatoes
4 slices of bacon
1/2 sour cream
2 Tablespoon green onions, sliced
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Scrub potatoes. Pat dry and prick with a fork in a few places.
2. Microwave HIGH power for 12-14 minutes until just baked through. Turn the potatoes over half of the cooking time.
3. Let set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes lengthwise into wedges. Cut center away from skin leaving 1/4th inch shell.
4. Place bacon on a paper towel and microwave HIGH power for 2 1/2-3 minutes. Drain and crumble.
5. Combine the sour cream, onion and mustard. If you scooped out to much of the potato center you can add some back in (like twice baked potatoes).
6. Divide topping among skins, place on a microwave rack or microwaveable plate. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Microwave at HIGH power for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve
PS: if you don't add the potato centers to the recipe you can use them for mashed potatoes while still hot, or keep them refrigerated for later. Prepare this dish in advance and refrigerate, just save the last cooking time before you serve. You may have to add a minute or two because they were refrigerated.