Tips for a lifetime from: Arthur Williams in 1999. Has any of these changed?
1. Stuff a miniature marshmallow at the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.🍦
2. Use a meat baster to squeeze your pancake batter onto the hot griddle. (Makes a perfect shaped pancake every time)
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes. 🥔
4. Before hard boiling eggs add a pinch if salt to the water, to prevent the egg shells from cracking. 🥚
5. Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies treats. The marshmallows won’t stick to your fingers.
6. To get the most juice from fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature then roll them under your palm on the kitchen counter before squeezing. 🍋
7. To easily remove burnt food from your skillet, simply add a couple drops of dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil. Now it should be easier to clean.
8. To prevent tomato sauce stains on plastic storage containers, spray them beforehand with a nonstick cooking spray. 🍅
9. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the cake mix instead which prevents flour on the outside of the cake.
10. If you accidentally over salt a dish while it’s still cooking, drop a peeled potato in, it will absorb the excess salt for an instant fix. 🥔
11. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when storing it in the refrigerator, it will keep for weeks.
12. Brush beaten egg whites over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish. 🥚
13. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it back up. 🍎
14. When boiling corn on the cob add a pinch os sugar to help bring out the corns natural sweetness. 🌽
15. To determine if an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool salted water. If it sinks, it’s fresh. If it rises to the surface throw it away. 🥚
16. Cure for a headache, take a lime cut it in half and rub it on your forehead, the throbbing will go away.
17. I don’t know if anyone would have leftover wine, but if you do freeze it in ice cube trays for future recipes. 🍷
18. If you have a problem opening jars use latex dishwashing gloves to give a non-slip grip.
19. If you get food stains on your fingers, slice a raw potato, rub on and rinse. 🥔
20. Apply soap on a mosquito bite to get rid of the itch.
21. Did you know that ants never cross a chalk line? So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or anywhere they may march. 🐜
22. Use air freshener to clean a mirror..you’ll get a lovely smell with the shine.
23. When you get a splinter reach for the scotch tape before the tweezers. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter then pull it.
24. To clean your toilet 🚽 drop in a couple Alka-Seltzers, wait 20 minutes, brush and flush.
25. To unclog a sink drain drop three Alka-Seltzers down the drain, followed by a cup of white vinegar wait a few minutes then rinse with hot water 💦