Fatty Foods: Fried Chicken, French Fries, Corn, Cheese, Cream, Butter...
Have you ever looked down at your plate and said OMG everything is yellow? I know I have.
Isn’t ironic that visceral fat is a whitish-yellow color that resembles a lot of our fatty foods?
What can we do to get out of the yellow food rut and quit gaining weight?
We need to make wise food choices which not only reduce chances of excess fat, but also reduces fat from forming.
Foods that help reduce fat are:
1. Avocados. They loaded with fiber and monounsaturated fats. They’ll fill you up and help destroy belly fat.
2. Green vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, have very few calories and can speed up your metabolism. Eating a salad before a meal will fill you up faster, so you’ll eat a smaller portion of your main course.
3. Eggs. Loaded with protein, vitamins and minerals, eggs keep you full for longer periods of time, because they digest slowly.
4. Dark Chocolate. Now your talking, dark chocolate with 80% cocoa is a stimulant and fat burner. Another good thing is that is loaded with antioxidants and a little piece should be consumed daily. 😋
5. Nuts and Seeds. Add these to your salad or have them as a snack, as they help to fill you up. They are also filled with healthy oils and minerals.
6. Oatmeal. Kills stomach fat effectively. Packed with fiber and whole grains that will keep you full for a longer period of time. Did you know that fiber aids in digestion and prevents the accumulation of food which can lead to fat storage?
7. Cinnamon. This spice contains a type of antioxidant that increases insulin sensitivity in the body and efficiently helps to stabilize blood sugar which leads to a decrease in fat storage in the stomach.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar. I know we’ve all heard the stories that Apple Cider Vinegar is the best food that kills fat fast, but it also stabilizes blood sugar levels which can curb unhealthy snacking.
9. Chili Peppers. They contain a compound called Capsaicin which causes an increase in adrenaline thus increasing metabolism which in turn helps to burn fat quicker and makes the body use stored fat.
10. Protein Powder. We all know that protein powder contains amino acids that help build muscles and reduce fat, especially when we exercise. It’s a healthy alternative to pancakes or muffins for breakfast, just make a low sugar smoothie with reduced fat yogurt, fruits (berries), low-fat milk and some vanilla protein powder. Sounds good. Yum Yum!
PS: we need to put some different colors on our plate. Are you smelling what I’m selling! (A movie line, do you know which movie?)
Do you have any additional foods you eat that help reduce belly fat. Let me know in comments. Thx.