2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Use the sauté function on the Instant Pot and high heat. Add in the oil. While the oil is heating up, dice your onion and mince the garlic. Add onion to the pot and sauté until it becomes translucent.
2. Add the garlic and the rice to the pot. You want to toast the rice before you pressure cook it.
This will release the starch and make sure the risotto comes out creamy.
3. Add in the wine, stir until the wine evaporates, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in the broth. Put the lid on switch over to pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
5. When done use the “quick release” method. Open lid after all the steam is out, carefully. Mix in the butter and cheese. Serve. Yum Yum,
I’m going to enjoy this Parmesan Risotto as a side dish with my Herb Brined Roasted Chicken...and this looks like place to cozy up to...