6 chicken breasts or thighs
1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
6 cloves of garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp salt and a dash of fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup white wine
2 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine ginger, coriander, salt and pepper. Season the chicken on both sides with the spices then let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In a large dutch oven or deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on med/high heat then brown the chicken on both sides for 1-2 minutes each.
3. Turn the heat to med/low and add the garlic, 4 orange wedges (squeeze) and wine. Cover and simmer on med/low, 25 minutes for thighs or 17 minutes for breasts; until cooked through. Remove
4. Discard the garlic and orange wedges. Turn heat on med/high and add the remaining orange wedges and soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes until thickened. Pour on top of chicken and serve with spiced sweet potatoes or your favorite sides.
Spiced Sweet Potatoes
1 1/2 lbs of sweet potatoes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup butter
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated orange peel
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 tsp ground allspice
1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
garnish with cinnamon stick and orange peel.
1. Preheat 400F Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet on a rack in the center of the oven. Bake 55 minutes, cool slightly.
2. Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp in a large bowl and discard peel. Add the brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, grated orange peel, cinnamon, allspice and ground nutmeg to pulp.
3. With an electric blender, beat the mixture until smooth, season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and orange peel strips, if desired. If potatoes have cooled down too much, rewarm over medium-low heat stirring frequently.